mardi 4 mai 2010

An Apple a Day for the Month of May


If an apple a day is supposed to keep the doctor away, then I'm willing to try it out!

For the month of May, I am undertaking a personal project called An Apple a Day, where each weekday I'll try to create a new version of my popular plush apple. This is medicine for that little malady I have of going off in too many creative directions all at once, something I talked about a long time ago in my Featured Seller interview at Etsy, but with which I struggle up till now.

Making a different apple every day will, I hope, strengthen my creative discipline, and at the same time help me explore a form that I know so well -- perhaps too well now that I've made around 700 of my white Inspiration Apples!

Kicking off the Apple a Day project is The Peacock, a lovely little diva made from silk and a feather. She is doing her show over here.

******

Il y a une expression anglaise, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Une pomme par jour est censé éloigner le médecin. Si c'est vrai, alors je suis prête à essayer!

Pour le mois de mai, chaque jour de semaine, je vais créer une nouvelle version de ma pomme blanche. Dans cette façon, j'essaie de me soigner de cette maladie créative dont je souffre, la tendance de m'éparpiller. J'ai parlé de cette tendance il y a longtemps dans mon interview sur Etsy, mais je lutte contre elle jusqu'à présent.

Avec ce projet, j'espère renforcer ma discipline créative, et en même temps m'aider à explorer une forme que je connais si bien, peut-être trop bien maintenant que j'ai fait environ 700 de mes pommes blanches!

Le project The Apple a Day commence avec Le Paon, une jolie petite diva en soie et plume. Elle fait son show ici.

11 commentaires:

Kuutydruk a dit…

Wonderful idea! :) Good luck and I wish you lots of inspiration to create a different apple every day! :)

L'Indécise a dit…

C'est magnifique, j'adore le broderies et le tissu :)

matchstickgirl a dit…

o my stars .... what discipline ...

go for it

i need some of that !!!

jealousydesign a dit…

A great idea can never be too much of your wonderful apples!. I hope you find the inspiration for it.

Apryl a dit…

you can never have too many apples. its beautiful. and I promise you I am working on my fairy tale.. its not going to well but I promise you will have something to read before you finish making all your apples for the month!

karuski a dit…

That's an inspiring project, have fun and show us soon what you've come up with!

700 white inspiration apples is a lot of apples...

Jen a dit…

Apol! What a truly lovely apple! I admire your challenge as this is something I should do as well. I may steal your idea :)

Ann a dit…

Can't wait for the end of May for seeing all those new apples :)

ira a dit…

sounds great Apol, yes will love to see more of your new apple!

Victoria a dit…

A fabulous idea! I like the practice of disciplined focus and creating the same object differently everyday. I recently started to try and do the same with stitched "Remnant' pieces... but so far I still am struggling with both focus and discipline... (According to old school report cards, these are things I've struggled with for many years!)

Look forward to seeing the end results! Have fun. :0)

nancy monsebroten a dit…

What a great idea! and now you're stuck with all of us waiting to see the final showing!!! Good luck from a fellow Artisan Collective team member!