lundi 24 août 2009

More Swans

I found two embroidered silk panels at my village's weekend vintage market last month. They're so fragile that even delicate hand-washing brought on a few tears, and I had to stitch them very very carefully.

A few cuttings have found their way into swan wedding cake toppers, now available at my shop.


***

And as I wait for the hatching, can I whine and say that I am feeling quite edgy and uncomfortable these days? I want to do 101 things, but really only have the energy for the 1 in that...

I try to count my blessings -- a mother-in-law who almost every day comes over with cooked dinners; a relatively easy pregnancy, all things considered; a husband who holds my hands when I am going through one of my dramatic fits and installed brand-new airconditioning when he realized we were going to have one of those infernal southern France canicular summers, and; a nose that, contrary to all the old wives' tales I've heard, did NOT expand -- but when even walking longish distances has become difficult (when I used to climb mountains, dammit!), my inner hag just really wants to stomp her feet and say, "Enough is enough!"

Please, little Lilou, can you decide to come out now? I promise Mama will be nice.

12 commentaires:

StaroftheEast a dit…

LOL my mother had the same, I was already 1 week late and the doc said that I was very comfy there and that it would take another week for me to come out. Her instinct told her to walk back home from the hospital (about 6-7km) and the attractions started the very same night :) Walking helps the baby go down.

fel4u a dit…

Oh ! I am sure your baby knows how sweet mom you'll be.
Be patient ... pretty soon you'll hold your sweet and healthy baby ♥

ayawedding a dit…

:) I hope you will have your lovely baby with full of happiness, you will be a great mum:)

Eva a dit…

haha, I remember waiting for my first one :) The time is just too loong! But wait just a little bit more - and your life will never ever be same again!!!!

LOVE STITCHING RED a dit…

All beautiful work. Love your blog!

Carolyn

Paperfection a dit…

Beautiful swans! And all the best for the remainder of your pregnancy..!

Whitney-Anne Baker a dit…

hang on in there - once that baby arrives you'll look back on these quiet days with nostalgia!!

Lavender Honey a dit…

Hi I dropped by to check if you delivered already. Pregnancy really feels like 8 months + 1 year. I don't have a proper airconditioning system here ... just one of those portable air coolers which is useless. I gave birth three weeks ago and have perpetual dark eyebags, cracked and bleeding nipples ... enjoy the remaining days of peace and quiet :)

Leslie a dit…

Hang in there! I'm wishing you and your family all the best! Your work is so beautiful, too.

jealousydesign a dit…

The swans are wonderful! How is everything going? any baby pommer yet?

a dit…

Oh I feel for you, I know the last days before giving birth feel like an eternity. I drank a lot of raspberry leaf tea in my last month: very effective in speeding things up ! (the birth ie , contractions, lasted 6 hours, which is super quick.) I wish you a safe and quick delivery, holding your baby for the first time is absolutely amazing.

Laura a dit…

love your swans!