mardi 2 décembre 2008

Embroidered Drawings

I really love the look of freehand machine embroidery. It's naive, but fun and modern too. I've been experimenting doing it on paper on and off the past few weeks, but was never completely happy with the results. A couple of days ago, I unearthed a stack of handmade paper a friend had given me. The texture was great, all fibrous and supple, and I knew immediately what I wanted to do with it.My embroidered drawings are now available in my book shop.

9 commentaires:

gunnelsvensson a dit…

Apol this is very good! I like too freehandsmachine "writing" but it isn´t so easy, I have to practise more, and it´s hard for my neck, but it´s fun!
Here is a link to a piece there I have practise:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gunnels/290450589/in/set-72157594263628462/

matchstickgirl a dit…

lil Apple i love your freestyle stitch stories .. theyre wonderful

Greet a dit…

wow, that freestyle stitch is a real art!

Unknown a dit…

wow! that is on paper?! how very cool!!

vantiani a dit…

I adore every single thing at your bookshop, Apol. Thank you so much for sharing all these!

So inspiring indeed.

Vantiani.

Kreativlink a dit…

This looks great!

ingermaaike a dit…

I am impressed, as always! It is very hard to do and make it look as good as you do.

Carol Dean Sharpe a dit…

Wonderful!!!

isabel f. a dit…

cuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!!
love this, Apol :DD
have a nice weekend !!