dimanche 19 décembre 2010

Hello There

One of the commandments I live by is "Thou shalt not whine," but I shall have to break it this time to explain why I disappeared so long here on the blog, and permit myself to scream, "November was horrible!!!"

The horrible-ness involved the loss of a babysitter, the loss of Internet connection at home for almost three weeks (long story), the loss of electricity for a couple of days (we had our new old house rewired), the loss of hot water for the same number of days (due to the electrician making a mistake in his rewiring), and the crashing of my computer just as November was about to end. All these led to me almost losing my marbles, because it had to happen just when Christmas orders were due, and also when suddenly the vintage goods sections of the shop started doing really really well.

Picture me elbow-deep in cardboard boxes packing vintage orders in the mornings, when the husband takes care of the baby, and then sewing up apples, pears, and lavender bags at night, when the house was quiet and everybody was asleep, sometimes until three in the morning!

To say that it has been hectic would be an understatement.

But now - big sigh of relief here - life is back in order, and we even had time to take a small break last weekend. We stole off for an unplanned little getaway in Marseille, where we happened upon a carousel near the old port, and I snapped this photo of my two loves:

I'm back blogging, for real now.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

4 commentaires:

IKABAGS a dit…

omg ! i am o happy now eveythings ok !

Take care Apol and welcome again :))

Cheers from white Paris

Feyza

Velonoir a dit…

It's wonderful to have you back on the blogosphere.

Take care as well and greetings from cold and dry (at the moment) Seattle.

Christine

Apryl a dit…

welcome back. I had a crap November too so I will sympathize with you. I'm happy that its December but the weather has been bad and I don't seem to have caught up yet.

Christmas Greetings from an Arctic England

Leililaloo a dit…

A merry christmas to you Apol!! and a very happy 2011